Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Big Girl Bike Already, Mommy asks...

M's cousin "M", who now lives in Canada, gave M (sorry for all the M's), her old bike. It has been sitting in the garage for a time when M was older. Well, we have the most gorgeous day today and M and I were playing outside and she saw the "pink" bike. She asked mommy to bring it out for her. Mommy said, "M this might be too big for you, but we will try". I lowered the seat and on M climbed. It only took a few moments and she was pushing the pedals. At times she still pushed backwards applying the breaks, but for her first try, she did really well. She is an incredibly fast learner...so I give it 2 - 3 more tries and she will have it down. She was so cute...after she would "ride" for a few seconds, she would jump off and run over to me (on the other side of the bike...of course mommy was right there...lol), and say, "Hi, mommy, I missed you so much" as if she had been gone on a long ride. :) My back is paying the price tonight as I was leaning over helping her learn how to push the pedals as we went up and down the driveway...but seeing her smile and be so proud of herself makes the pain worth it. :) She is growing up too fast...but we are trying to enjoy each moment.

3 comments:

Kim said...

HI Guys!!! Its so good to see you again! Jaide LOVES her ladybug pillow so much. How have you been? I will be back to catch up, gotta get ready for work now.

LOVE your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, M!!!! We are so proud of you and know you are such a precious gift! We can't wait to have some more friends for you to play with!
XOXOXO, Aunt T & Uncle J

Holy Cow! Canada said...

M you are getting so big to ride a princess bike. We are so happy to see pictures of you and hear you sing. We love and miss you lots. Love,C&M