Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's beginning to look...and feel...a lot like Christmas!

Wow, Thanksgiving is gone and December is here...and so is the cold weather. I don't remember a Thanksgiving/early December that has been this cold...brrrrrrrrr. We went to T's parents for Thanksgiving and was able to see family we hadn't seen in a while. It was so great to see everyone...especially my niece and nephews. They sure are growing fast. M really enjoyed playing with them. She jumped right in and had a blast. She didn't want any of them out of her sight. My sister-in-law says that M has great "leadership" abilities...which I believe is a nice way of saying she can command...or boss (LOL) a room of other kids. Too funny.


On Sunday T and I took M to see Santa. This is a big moment as the last 2 years she has wanted NOTHING to do with him...up close anyway...so we didn't force it. We talked it up this year and she was so excited. She wrote her list on Sunday morning on 3 pieces of construction paper...front and back...and I finally told her I thought that was enough that other children needed to get gifts too...LOL. So, we go to the mall...got in line early to avoid the wait and you could just see eager anticipation in her eyes. She spotted him walking down the mall towards us and she smiled and started waving. I still at this point wondered if she would approach him and sit in his lap. She was #2 in line and when it was her turn she walked up to him...and stopped and handed him her list. He looked at it and asked her what she wanted - to which she replied, "I wrote it on my list"...LOL. I told her that he would like to know a few specifics...she told him a pink kitchen (she loves the Pottery Barn Kids one), Wonder Pets, a "giddy up" horsey (the kind of horse with a head on a stick) and some surprises. Santa felt relieved as all those are covered. :O) I picked her up and sat her in his lap...and she stayed. :O) We got a cute picture and she was so proud. I love Christmas time...seeing it through the eyes of M. We bought her the Fisher Price nativity set and gave it to her on Sunday afternoon for her to play with until Christmas. It is so sweet to see her play with it and talk to baby Jesus.


We are in for an exciting month. A week from Saturday my brother and his family are coming in town for a week from Canada. We haven't' seen them since last Christmas and are SO excited. We can't wait to see them...especially C & M. M asks everyday if today is the day they are coming. A week after that my baby brother is getting married. His fiance is awesome. We all love her so much. M is going to be a flower girl in their wedding. Then of course is Christmas...busy times! We pray that this Christmas season will be wonderful for your family. Slow down and remember the true meaning...and everything else will fall into place. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

M and M Girls said...

Cute Santa photo. It is so great to see the girls enjoy Santa without being scared - I know Little M has been scared in the past but no this year. She was on a missin to share her list with the Man in Red. LOL She had such confidence this year. Glad to see and hear that all is fine on your end.

Anonymous said...

What a precious time of year for us all to view Christmas thru the eyes of a child. M's dress is just adorable...and yes, M does have leadership skills...haha Our family is so blest with memories and many more in the making. December is a full month for sure and we're going to enjoy each day with anticipation. I love you, M...your TN nanny

Kim said...

Your blog looks great! And M is growing up so fast! May you have a Joyful Christmas!

Kim said...

How precious! M is growing so fast and is so beautiful!

Wishing you a Christmas overflowing with JOY!